Monday, October 10, 2016

Green Torso

This plaster torso is a commission piece I have made. It is not the usual colours I would use but the person specifically requested greens. I do like  how it has turned out.


I covered the torso with old book pages then podged green serviettes over the top of the book pages.

Then using Powertex I added the crocheted doily and the lime green fabric to give it texture. The green "fabric" was a piece that hade come wrapped around some flowers I had received for my birthday. 

I then took some $2 Shop flowers and altered them using Powertex, paints, sprays and glass glitter.



The butterfly also came in a bunch of flowers. The flourishes are die cuts made from recycled card, layered up to give them strength and then painted.



The photos don't do justice to the flowers, they are all various shades of green.



No comments:

Post a Comment