Thursday, June 23, 2016

Junk Journal

For the challenge at Southern Girls I am putting up my first junk journal which I made for a swap.  The cover is made out of a recycled cereal box and covered with old book pages and tissue from an old sewing pattern, then inked and collaged.  The papers inside were all coffee stained and I used lots of old book pages for tags and embellishments. I also used lined paper from exercise books, tracing paper and pages from an adult colouring book that I picked up at a $2 shop.  I used images that I had in my stash and other bits and pieces I had lying around.  






I sewed the signatures into the cover and added beads to the spine.


The closure was made from a piece of trim and a binder ring.


Here are some of the inside pages.





















I look forward to seeing your projects so please pop over to Southern Girls and use the link to add your project.

1 comment:

  1. Wow Ngaere, so stunning! What a work of he(art). So many delicious details and so beautifully finished! Loved hearing your name called over the loud speaker at SENZ this weekend. I hope your class went well and hope I get to join in next time! Had limited time on Friday, but so made me smile to know you were there. Hugs, Wends xoxo

    ReplyDelete