Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Altered Paintbrush

This week I have been working on altered Paintbrush using Twiddleybitz chipboard from Imagine If.

Here is the finished project:






I began with a paintbrush which I covered with tissue paper and then painted with acrylic paint.  I used brown, blue and white paint to get a verdigris patina effect on the paintbrush and on the chipboard.





I used some small cogs, a gorgeous steampunk butterfly and a banner from the Twiddleybitz range as well as some metal cogs and clock hands, a prima clockface and a small metal handle.




Here are the assembled and painted chipboard pieces.

 
These were attached to the paintbrush and I added some more metal cogs on the butterfly and some cogs and clockhands as charms to hang from the bottom of the paintbrush. I threaded a ball chain through the top of th paintbrush added a metal gear and the piece was finished. This was such fun to make and the Twiddleybitz chipboard is just gorgeous with such fine and intricate cuts.   I hope you will check out the range that Jo has on offer over at Imagine If. And check out the blog to see what the other Design Team members have been up to and catch up on the news from Jo.
 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment