Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Steampunk Mannequin

Here I am back again with another project using some of the new  wings, locks and keys from Imagine If.  Here is the finished project a little steampunk mannequin.

Here are the chipboard pieces from Imagine If that were used in this piece.

To begin with I took a small paper mache mannequin and a recycled egg cup which I glued together.

I then painted everything with black gesso.  Then I glued pieces of mesh tape to the mannequin and then glued crumpled tissue paper to the empty spaces on the mannequin overlapping the tape in some places.

I then die cut several cogs using a Cheery Lynn Cogs and gears die and a Memory Box  gears die.  These were glued to the mannequin.  Once the glue was dry I painted everything with black gesso.  Once the gesso had dried I drybrushed everything with Viva Inka Copper and Lumiere pewter.

I cut the teeth off an old zip and then ran this around the neck and between the breasts and around to the back of the mannequin.

I then moved on to the wings and I combined two of the new wings from Imagine If.  I painted both pairs of wings with black gesso. One pair of wings I ran through a gears embossing folder, then I drybrushed them both with Viva Inks copper paint.   I glued them together and then I added more diecuts over the top part of the wing for added dimension and finished them off with a few gemstones.

I glued the wings to the back of the mannequin and then I added more diecuts over the existing ones to provide some interest and give some more dimension.  I attached the key with a swivel to the hip so that it swings and turns and for the cape over the shoulder I used a Couture Creations die. 

 I am really happy with this little lady and I hope you find some inspiration for your own projects. 

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Southern Girls challenge - Stars Stars Stars

The challenge over at Southern Girls Challenge this month is Stars, so I have made a very simple layout using stars, shimmery paper and my daughters first ball.  By keeping the elements simple and tying them in with the photos I have kept the photos as the stars of the layout.

Please join in our challenge over at Southern Girls, I look forward to seeing your projects.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Steampunk Egg

I have had a chance to play today so here is a steampunk egg I have made for Easter.

Marilyn Monroe Canvas

I was asked by a friend to make a Marilyn Monroe canvas and here is the finished result.