Monday, November 2, 2015

Facebook Secret Art Journal Swap

I have been taking part in an art journal swap with other talented ladies here in New Zealand. We each chose a theme, mine was inspiring quotes and I asked for some texture on the page. Boy did they deliver.   It has taken almost 10 months and I finally got my completed journal back.  I am thrilled to pieces with it.  The artwork I have received back is amazing and the ladies have put so much thought and time into each page it is humbling.

To begin here is the cover I made for my art journal from an old book.  I also used the book pages glued together to make my art journal pages.



We also had to make the first double page spread in our journals. Here is mine:

 
Now on to the gorgeous pages I received from:
 
Louise
 
 
Brenda
 
 
 
Fiona
 
 
 
Frances
 
 
Joan
 
 
Karen
 
 
 
Kath
 

 
Paula


 
Sonya
 
 
 
 
All of the pages I received back are just stunning and I am so happy I joined the swap.
 
Here are the pages I made for my swap partners.
 
 
Here is the page I made for Paula whose theme was "In My Garden"
 

 
Paula also asked for an extra page showing our garden. since I don't have a garden to speak of I did a page representing my dream garden.



This page I made for Fiona


 
The next page I made for Brenda.
 


 

 
Here is Karen's whimsical page:
 
 




I loved this page with the Tim Holtz birds I made for Kath.

 
 
For Sonya's pages I tried my hand at a Teesha Moore style page.
 

 


Joan's pages were about taking the time to....

 
Frances' theme was"Anything Goes" and I found those to be the hardest pages to do. Too many ideas in my head until they settled down and I decided on this:
 
 
And last but not least, Louise's pages. Her theme was a movie or a song and I chose this one:



This was a fabulous a swap to take part in and the fact that we all kept in touch via a Facebook page set up for the swap made things so much better and kept us all focused and interested especially with the sneak peeks that kept popping up.  I would thoroughly recommend a swap like this for people just beginning in art journaling and those who have more experience.  I have learn't so much through this process and it has pushed me to try things that were outside my comfort zone.   Now I am off to get ready for the next swap.

No comments:

Post a Comment