Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Sewing Album

This is my last post as a member of the Imagine If Design Team. It has been an amazing journey and I have enjoyed creating with the fabulous products Jo has available and I have learnt so much from the other fabulous team members.  It has been a great year but as Jo has already explained she is making changes to the way she does things.  I am looking forward immensely to the monthly challenges and can't wait to see what everyone comes up with.  

For my last project I have made an altered book journal using some of Jo's stencils as masks and some of her gorgeous chipboard dress forms and dresses.





To begin I covered an old book with gesso, then glued white sewing pattern paper over the top.


Using the cutouts from the stencil as masks I then painted the whole thing black.


I then covered the dress form and the other chipboard dresses with scrapbooking paper.
I used the dress form on the cover and the other dresses inside the album. I also added a pair of chipboard scissors and other sewing related embellishments to the cover.






I covered the inside of the album with brown sewing pattern paper and used the envelopes the patterns came in to make page dividers.  I glued a chipboard dress to each divider.






I used a tape measure as a bookmark and created other pages using pattern papers and pieces.with tags, pullouts and flaps for journalling.






I made a charm using a pice of tape measure, a bobbin, a thimble, hooks and eyes, buttons, a scissors charm and a small cotton reel which I added to the spine using a covered button to anchor it all,




I hope everyone has enjoyed the journey with all of us on the Design Team.  I will miss the fabulous ladies who have been on this journey with me they have been supportive and inspiring and I wish them all the best for the future. I would like to thank Jo for her generosity and her faith in me when I headed in a different direction with some of my projects. While this is the last project I will be making as a Design Team member it will not be the last project I make using the fabulous products from Imagine If.  I look forward  to the challenges Jo will be hosting and I would like to say thank you to everyone who commented on my projects your positivity and praise makes it all worth while.  I am also looking forward to SENZ this year as I will be taking two classes and the projects are going to be amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment